Sunday 31 July 2011

Cheaters

I just read an article on cheating men in Harper's Bazaar by Jackie Collins. She talks about men in Hollywood who cheat and think they can get away with it, and how despicable it is. It is a woman's magazine and so of course it is one sided. Before I go on I am not saying that cheating is normal, or excusable. If you make a commitment and a promise to a person then you should be man enough to stick to it. If you are incapable of doing so then don't make it in the first place. At the same time as a woman if you get comfortable and no longer consider your mans sexual needs to be important then what do you expect to happen? When I put my last boyfriend on a no sex ban (I believed he was trying to get me pregnant against my well declared wishes) I would not have been surprised if he had gone out and gotten some pussy somewhere else, nor would I have held it against him. To be quite honest I had gone out and gotten some strange a few times myself simply because the sex that we were having was not satisfying me. Not everyone can be a spectacular lover. Just that I am smart enough to keep my mouth shut and not get caught. Now that we are no longer I have contemplated telling him, but decided it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

If you marry a guy that is known as a notorious playboy then what do you expect to happen? A leopard can't change his spots into zebra stripes just because you wish it so. If you use sex as bargaining chip then he will grow to resent you for it. If you let yourself go and turn into a slob then you can't expect him to still find you attractive just because of the love you share. Men are visual creatures, and as Augustine pointed out the male sexual organ's have a strong urge to live it's own life, resulting in a conflict between body and soul. These things are not new, they have been occurring since the beginning if time. In ancient Rome, yeah 60B.C. the orator and statesman Cicero argued "Anyone who thinks young men ought to be forbidden affairs with prostitutes is certainly very ignorant of the freedom of our time, and indeed not in harmony with the customs of our ancestors. Name any epoch when this was nit normal. When was such behavior ever censured or forbidden? These things have always been allowed. Prostitution is a legally sanctioned privilege.". Allah was in support of sexual urges as long as they did not threaten society. African tribes commonly practiced polygamy. It was not until Christianity that monogamy became the expected norm. In the beginning even the Pope Sixtus IV was making money off of hookers by taxing them. The Japanese had Yoshiwara, a whole city devoted to prostitution. So why are we so offended now by men that stray?

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post as always, Alice.

    Islam allows for two types of weddings - permanent and temporary. The temporary one is for a limited time for a specified dowry. One catch though. The bride can not be a married woman.

    Not all straying can be attributed to woman holding back and letting herself go. I started it just as a way to see how many of the massage place providers I get get to have sex with me. To this day I prefer that to a sure shot deal with a provider.

    ReplyDelete